The Overseas Vote Foundation (OVF) earned a grant to study and advance the state of internet-based voting. After partnering with technical powerhouse Galois, Inc, I was recruited to work with UX specialist Keith Instone to provide a user testing plan and expert review of created prototypes.
During this project I was responsible for:
- Reviewing and research the current state of electronic voting machines and their relative usability
- Building a personas document to focus on identified target users
- Interacting with and supporting the security team on usability issues and questions
- Discussing and designing a simple interactive user-facing prototype for an electronic voting system
- Writing the user testing packet for OVF officials to execute including preparation, script, and recording protocols